Friday 4 February 2011

God and FIFA


Sometimes I like to play FIFA.

Now FIFA is one of those games that you really have to concentrate on. When I play it I play it passionately, in other words I get worked up at it. Everybody plays FIFA to win, I am no different. It's great being on the winning side, the winning team, knowing that your ability has pulled you through to beat the other person.

However when I play it myself, I play it on easy, because I like to win, and not only do I like to win but I like to win big, Im talking 5-0 up at half time big.

Your now thinking where does God come into this. Bear with me.

Because if I play it on hard, if I play it on a difficulty far superior to my ability two things happen. number one, I get stupidly annoyed and frustrated at myself and get totally worked up at something thats not worth it. Number two, I am unsure that my ability will pull me through. Now how does this compare with life?

When we bring God into it. When God is in our lives, when he is the conquerer of our lives, when we place him in the center, the difficulty of life drops. No longer do we have to go through some battles unsure that our ability can pull us through, no longer do we have to get worked up at things that don't really matter and that make us feel stupid. Now we are relying on his ability to pull us through, now we can trust him to bring victory, just like when FIFA is set to easy, where the computer is set to give us a help in victory by slowing the opposing team down by making them less skillful, God makes the opposing team in life slow down, he makes the devil less skillful. That with God we can be 5-0 up at half time. So practically to you today is simply this, give your life to god, because the hard battles that we face can be made much easier if we let God intervene, so he can be championed as the victor of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment